Think Addiction Doesn't Concern You?

Consider the following facts from the National Institute On Alcohol Abuse:

  • There are more deaths and disabilities each year in the United States from substance abuse than from any other cause.
  • About 14 million people in the US (that's one in every 13) abuse alcohol.
  • More than 9 million children live with a parent who is dependent on alcohol or illicit drugs.
  • For every addicted person, twelve other lives are affected on a day-to-day basis.

Although addiction cannot be cured, it can be treated. Most addicts need help to recover. With support and treatment, many people are able to stop abusing alcohol and/or drugs and rebuild their lives.

Men's Facility

The Men's Residence in Raleigh, WV 25911.

The mission of Storm Haven is to provide addicts the opportunity to recover in a caring, supportive environment that is dedicated to a twelve-step program of recovery.


Women's Facility

The Women's Residence in Beckley, WV 25801.

Storm Haven, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation. Though licensed by the state of West Virginia, we receive no state funding. We are supported by the residents, private donations, grants from the Beckley Area Foundation and United Way. In order to keep the doors of Storm Haven open to addicts who want to recover and become contributing members of society, we need your help.

Please consider joining in the battle against the insidious disease of addction by becoming a Storm Haven supporter. Your one-time gift of $10, $20, or $100 (or more) could help to purchase towels, sheets, curtains, transportation expenses, emergency medical, and help with the day-to-day necessities such as toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Your ongoing monthly support will help with utilities as well as up-keep and maintenance of residences.

All donations are tax deductible. Storm Haven will acknowledge your donation with a receipt that you may use for tax purposes. Make checks payable to:

Storm Haven, Inc.

For additional information or to make a donation, please call: